Tempting Tempus

Just a quick post. Hubby and I had a long overdue date night at Tempus in the George Hotel a few weeks back and had a lovely meal. I love the surroundings of The George. For me it has a classic old Edinburgh elegance and I always enjoy going there for either evening drinks or coffee during the day. On this occasion though we were there for dinner.

I had the pate and brioche to start which was a meal in itself. Very generous portion sizes but maybe a bit too big for me!


For main I chose the filet steak which came with a huge stack of chips and crispy onion rings. I opted for my usual (and predictable some might say!) peppercorn sauce which was creamy and firey just how I like it, and my steak was lovely and tender.


As if I hadn't already had enough to eat I left room for a trio of ice cream and shortbread. 


The food was really nice, and the service was excellent so Tempus is therefore somewhere I would recommend for a nice meal out. 


Comments

Popular Posts