Review of Tuk Tuk Indian Street Food - Edinburgh

I recently had the absolute pleasure of visiting Tuk Tuk Indian Street Food Restaurant in Edinburgh with my hubby and little girl, Paige. For anyone who is a regular reader of my blog, or knows me well, will know that we're no strangers to the odd curry now and then!

As Paige is only 10 months old, we went around 5.30pm to fit in with her dinner time.  Unsurprisingly the restaurant was pretty empty at that time, so we took a table by the window with space for our pram, and were promptly given a high chair for the little one.

We perused the menu, whilst at the same time feeding Paige an array of finger foods we'd brought with us.  She does love my homemade curry, but we haven't ventured to a restaurant version just yet!  Our friendly waiter recommended we try 3 or 4 dishes each and after kindly giving us plenty of time to get ourselves sorted, he came to take our order.  

To drink I went for a Coconut Lassi, which is an Indian take on a smoothie made with yoghurt.  It was divine! It's BYOB with no corkage charges, so hubby popped next door to a local shop for his tipple of choice.


We kicked off with some pappadoms and the usual array of chutneys, which came in cute little pots. 


I had been recommended some dishes from the lovely people on Twitter so I decided to put my faith in them.  I ordered the Mumbai Burgers, a potato fritter stuffed in a bread roll with a deliciously spiced sauce and an onion bajhi.  On first look I thought I'd never eat it all, but alas I did!


I was also advised that the Ginger Garlic Chicken was one not to be missed and whoever recommended it was spot on - it was delicious.




I find it hard to see past the creamy loveliness that is Butter Chicken and I wasn't disappointed - this was my favorite dish.  Beautiful tender chicken and a luscious creamy, lightly spiced sauce.




Hubby went for a few things I wouldn't normally have chosen, which was good as it was all equally delicious.  Railway Station Lamb Curry, Lamb Chops and TukTuk Wallah Staff Curry.  We opted for a Peshwari Naan to mop up all the gorgeous sauces.


 



To finish off, despite being completely full, I wanted to try the Laddoo - an Indian sweet made from flour, sugar and ground coconut.  And I had been told Tuk Tuk serves the best Chai in town.  The dessert was very yummy but quite heavy after such a big meal - and the Chai won me over.


All in all a beautiful meal, all presented in a quirky and interesting way.  The staff could not have been nicer, laughing and keeping Paige happy throughout.  Nice to know we can have a delicious meal out in a child friendly place.  Highly recommended by us all!



Tuk Tuk Indian Street Food Restaurant
1 Leven Street
Edinburgh
(Situated opposite the King's Theatre)




Comments

Popular Posts