Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Girlie catch up at Chop Chop in Leith

Last Friday, my oldest friend Debbie and I met for a long overdue catch up, over dinner at Chop Chop in Leith. The sun was shining and tables outside the Quayside restaurants were packed with people enjoying their well-deserved Friday night after work drinks. I felt like I was on holiday! (In my excitement at being out on a Friday night I forgot to take a photo of the exterior so this photo is courtesy of Crimson Edge PR - thanks!)


We were seated right by the window so we could enjoy the view and the beautiful sun set. 


After our initial catch up we finally got round to looking at the extensive menu. We decided we'd share everything so set about choosing which dishes to order, which was no easy task. We were assured by our friendly waiter that we had ordered quite a lot, but not too much if we were hungry...!

Here's what we went for:

Beef and chilli Dumplings (fried) and what looks like a huge glass of wine!


Vegetable Spring Rolls


King Prawns with Spinach 



Crispy Northern Chicken


Bean sprouts with coriander and spring onion


And some egg fried rice, naturally.


Having visited the Morrison Street restaurant too, my personal preference is the Leith restaurant. But that's just my opinion! I found it slightly more formal.

The food was absolutely fantastic. Everything was so tasty with beautiful fresh, light flavours. I loved the Crispy Northern Chicken - it was sweet and crispy (as opposed to soggy, I'm not just pointing out the obvious!). 

The prawns are also worth a mention. The dish contained loads of huge succulent prawns - a very generous portion size. So often, I find, when you order a prawn dish you get just a few prawns but not at Chop Chop! 

We sat there until after 10pm and weren't rushed at all, other than to be politely told if we wanted more food the kitchen was closing. I think it's safe to say we'd had enough food by then! 

We ordered some Chinese tea to finish then made our merry way home - sufficiently caught up on the gossip and full of delicious food. 

If you're looking for great quality Chinese food in Edinburgh - look no further. The banquets look amazing also.

Chop Chop
76 Commercial Street
Commercial Quay
Leith 


No comments:

Post a Comment