Thursday, 12 June 2014

Anniversary lunch at Clerks Bar

To celebrate our third wedding anniversary, hubby and I managed to squeeze in a rare child-free lunch. Hubby was working so we headed to nearby Clerks Bar on South Clerk Street and had a surprisingly lovely lunch! I say 'surprisingly' not because I didn't expect it to be good, but because of the extra mile the bar manager went to ensure we had a nice time.


We sat in one of the booths by the window and straight away I was intrigued by the row of sauces on our table. 


The manager came over to explain the menu. The kitchen smokes their own ribs, chicken and meats "low and slow" for a minimum of 12 hours. The menu is simple in that it knows what it does well and sticks to it. 

The pulled pork burrito took my fancy and it was delicious. I smothered it in hot sauce and it was messy but so good! I washed it down, not with one of their craft beers, but with a glass of prosecco!! 


We also had some sweet potato chips, a side of mac n cheese (which I'm delighted seems to feature on many menus now!) and a salad to make ourselves feel better.


I was so touched when I was given the cork from the bottle of prosecco, and wished a happy anniversary with a complimentary drink. (Thank you).

Not one to shy away from pudding I managed a wee slice of pecan pie, served warm with ice cream.



We had such a lovely time! I love my daughter very very much but I have to admit it was nice to have my hubby to myself for just one afternoon...shhh don't tell her I said that...! 

For a tasty lunch at a very reasonable price, I'd highly recommend Clerks Bar. 

Clerks Bar
74-78 South Clerk Street
Edinburgh 

No comments:

Post a Comment