Friday, 28 February 2014

Teuchters Landing at The Shore

I was recently asked to review the new 'mug menu' at Teuchters Landing (Dock Place, Leith) and I have to admit, I'd never heard of the place before. But looking at the new menu I was intrigued. So off we popped - myself, hubby and baby to try it out. 

We were delighted to find a parking space right outside and were welcomed by cosy fires and an array of whisky bottles! We found a snug little table in one of the many nooks and crannies. It was a Friday afternoon and the place was busy.

The menu concept is exactly as it says, food served in mugs, either half pint or pint sized. Options ranged from risotto to mac n' cheese with a daily stew special which today was beef shin. So we opted for a large mug of mac n' cheese, a large stew and a large mug of chips. Well, you can't have macaroni without chips can you?! 


Our food arrived along with some bread and oatcakes which we used to mop up the gravy which the tender beef shin stew was bathing in - it was warming and delicious.


The mac n' cheese with bacon bits was up there as a good one in my humble opinion! A huge portion of creamy and cheesy comfort food.



We were completely stuffed but I had to try a cup of marshmallows with warm chocolate dipping sauce and I'm glad I did. What a treat! This was a small cup too! 


Friendly staff, snug and cosy fires and a great menu made for a lovely family afternoon out. The kind of place to meet friends for a lazy Sunday lunch. Highly recommended and somewhere I'm glad I now know about. We will definitely be back.

2 comments:

  1. Oh fab, not been there in ages, thanks for the reminder - mugs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug thing is an interesting concept, but certainly looks like great food for this time of year. Must give it a whirl...

    ReplyDelete