Jamie's Italian - Edinburgh

I have been eagerly awaiting the opening of Jamie's Italian Restaurant in the newly refurbished Assembly Rooms on George Street.  I've visited his Glasgow restaurant a couple of times and just love the atmosphere and service, as well as the great food. 

I arrived at midday for lunch and was instantly impressed by the beautiful and grand decor.  There's a huge big bar at the bottom of the restaurant (on Rose St entrance) with big legs of Parma ham hanging all round the bar.  A great place for an after work glass of wine and a nibble! 

My mum was already there so I joined her and was greeted by our friendly waiter and offered a drink.  We ordered quickly as I was on a work lunch break.  I opted for a special, Spaghetti with fresh pesto, ricotta and cherry tomatoes. 


Mum opted for the Ravioli Primavera which arrived on a huge big plate - pasta stuffed with smashed new-season peas, mint & ricotta in a silky asparagus sauce with mascarpone Amalfi lemon.  We also ordered a basket of bread.  Our food arrived promptly and was fresh, light and tasty. The service was great - very friendly staff - which I think just make such a huge difference to a dining experience.



By the time we left at 1pm, it was heaving!  I really liked the place and look forward to returning.  A definite new favourite for a girlie Saturday lunch with a glass of wine, Italian of course...   

Comments

Popular Posts