Great British Menu with Mark Greenaway

I was honoured to be invited to join my fellow foodies at Restaurant Mark Greenaway at No.12 Picardy Place for the first instalment of the Great British Menu starring none other than Mark Greenaway himself.  We were treated to champagne and canapes before the show, but were delighted when we were asked to take our seats to be served the starter Mark created on the show.  And it was wonderful!  How it scored only 5/10 I don't know!  Braised pork cheek  wrapped in beetroot carpaccio, served with hot apple jelly with the controversial sea buckthorn...a very pretty plate.



It was really nice evening and I was impressed to see Mark making the effort to get round all the tables and speak to everyone there.  What a nice chap!  I'm looking forward to lunching at Restaurant Mark Greenaway in the near future, if his GBM starter was anything to go by, it'll be great.

Comments

Popular Posts