Sunday, 26 February 2012

Lots of eating, not so much cooking!

And not so much gymming either...

This week I have been a bit of a pie!  On Tuesday, hubby and I met after work for a drink but ended up in Illegal Jacks on Lothian Road for a Burrito, loaded with chicken, pinto beans, hot salsa and soured cream - it was huge! Thursday we had an Indian take-away from Abdul's in Morningside.  It was pretty disappointing so we're still on the hunt for Edinburgh's best Indian take-away! On Friday, I went for lunch with the girls to Dusit Thai Restaurant on Thistle Street which was fantastic - by far the best Thai restaurant I've been to in Edinburgh.  I had deliciously crisp vegetable spring rolls to start and a king prawn chili dish for main.  Really fresh and tasty.  It's quite pricey for lunch, £12.95 for 2 courses, but it's worth it for a treat, and it was packed, so clearly nobody is complaining!  On Friday evening we had a work night out and ordered Domino's Pizza into the office - I wasn't even hungry but still managed to chomp my way through a few slices. 

A highlight of my weekend is that the lovely Lorraine Pascale responded to a tweet of mine, giving me a recipe for peanut butter cupcakes!  And speaking of cupcakes - here are some I've been munching this week from Cuckoos Bakery and Bibis Bakery.  I first visited Cuckoos Bakery with my mum after my first wedding dress fitting, so it has a special place in my heart!






Then Saturday evening we went to MacKenzies Restaurant in Colinton with my parents (see my restaurant review) which was brilliant.  I'm off to visit my gran today so I'm sure my weekend of eating hasn't finished yet!! 

I have Zumba to look forward to tomorrow night, so that will make me feel better!  I'm also really excited to be attending an open night on Tuesday with the Total Food Geeks.  More about that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment